I am a firm believer in the amazing power of regular exercise and what it can do for your body, health, mood, energy – and skin.
For me, one of my favourite secret weapons for clear glowing skin, is regular exercise. I see the difference when I’m exercising and when I’m not.
Exercise can help make your skin radiant, fresh, healthy, and alive. I find if you exercise regularly and really build up a sweat every time you exercise, this can help keep your pores clear of buildup and debris, speed up the healing of breakouts, and stimulate the turnover of dead skin cells.
Regular exercise that gets your heart rate up and gets you sweating will give you softer, smoother, clearer skin.
But, there’s certain things you have to be careful with. Acne prone skin is sensitive skin. How you are taking care of your skin while you exercise, and your skincare routine before and after exercising can have a big effect on your skin – both good and bad.
I know people who’ve started exercising with high hopes and suddenly their skin got worse, not better. I want to make sure you get the benefits. Certain details make a huge difference and I want to share what I’ve learned over the years.
Check out today’s video, I share a bunch of tips on how to get the best benefits from exercising, and the mistakes to avoid.
In the video, I go over:
- Skincare products and ingredients you should avoid using before and after exercising that could irritate or aggravate acne prone skin.
- Recommended skincare routine before and after exercising
- Importance of not touching your face while exercising
- Accessories and gym towels; details you need to watch out for
- Best types of exercise for clearer skin